9500 Gilman Dr. MC 8505
La Jolla, CA 92037
Dr. Rabin first received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 2002 at Semmelweis University in Budapest, Hungary, and later completed both her Masters of Public Health and PhD in Epidemiology at Saint Louis University School of Public Health in St. Louis, Missouri (2004-2008).
After earning her doctorate, Dr. Rabin was a Staff Researcher and the Research Coordinator for the Cancer Research Network Cancer Communication Research Center at the Institute for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Colorado (2008-2013).
In 2014, Dr. Rabin joined the University of Colorado where she is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor in the School of Medicine, and in 2015 also joined the University of California, San Diego where she is currently an Assistant Adjunct Professor in the department of Family Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Rabin served as an Investigator on the VA’s Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Ischemic Heart Disease Program and currently co-leads the Implementation Core for the Triple Aim QUERI Program for the Veteran Administration Eastern Colorado Health Care System.
Dr. Rabin’s research focus is in Dissemination and Implementation (D&I) Science (the study of how to get evidence-based strategies for the improvement of health and prevention of disease effectively delivered and implemented in a clinical and public health settings). She has led a number of D&I projects with diverse foci, including contributing to the better understanding of terminology and models for D&I Science in the context of health research and practice, harmonization of measures and identification of measurement related issues for D&I Science, and providing assistance and developing tools to support researchers and practitioners integrate the concept of designing for D&I.
Dr. Rabin designed and developed a number of web-based resources including the Make Research Matter (www.makeresearchmatter.org) web tool, the Cancer Prognostic Resources (www.cancercalculators.org) and D&I Models in Research and Practice (www.dissemination-implementation.org) website and co-led the content development of the D&I Workspace for the NCI Grid-enabled Measures Database (https://www.gem-measures.org/).
Dr. Rabin developed and taught a Dissemination and Implementation research in Health graduate course at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. She is currently co-teaching a Dissemination and Implementation in Health doctoral course at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. She has also served as faculty for multiple national and local Dissemination and Implementation (D&I) training programs, workshops, and has developed and taught D&I research in health graduate courses.
- Rabin BA, Lewis CC, Norton WE, Neta G, Chambers D, Tobin JN, Brownson RC, Glasgow RE. Measurement resources for dissemination and implementation research in health.Implement Sci. 2016 Mar 22;11:42.
- Neta G, Glasgow RE, Carpenter CR, Grimshaw JM, Rabin BA, Fernandez ME, Brownson RC. A Framework for Enhancing the Value of Research for Dissemination and Implementation. Am J Public Health. 2015 Jan;105(1):49-57.
- Glasgow RE, Rabin BA. Implementation science and comparative effectiveness research: a partnership capable of improving population health.J Comp Eff Res. 2014 May;3(3):237-40.
- Rabin BA, Purcell P, Naveed S, Moser RP, Henton MD, Proctor EK, Brownson RC, Glasgow RE. Advancing the application, quality and harmonization of implementation science measures.Implement Sci. 2012 Dec 11;7:119.
- Scharff DP, Rabin BA, Cook RA, Wray RJ, Brownson RC. Bridging research and practice through competency-based public health education.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2008 Mar-Apr;14(2):131-7.
- Rabin BA, Brownson RC, Haire-Joshu D, Kreuter MW, Weaver NL. A glossary for dissemination and implementation research in health.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2008 Mar-Apr;14(2):117-23.
- Henton MD, Gaglio B, Feuer E, Crane LA, Rabin BA. Development, Feasibility, and Small-Scale Implementation of a Web-based Prognostic Tool – SEER*CSC.JMIR Cancer. 2017 Jul 20;3(2):e9.
- Ayele RA, Lawrence E, McCreight M, Fehling K, Peterson J, Glasgow RE, Rabin BA, Burke R, Battaglia C. Study protocol: improving the transition of care from a non-network hospital back to the patient’s medical home.BMC Health Services Research. 2017;17(1): 123
- Morrato EH, Rabin BA, Proctor J, Cicutto LC, Battaglia CT, Lambert-Kerzner A, Leeman-Castillo B, Prahl-Wrestling M, Buckley B, Glasgow RE, Kempe A. Bringing it Home: Expanding the Reach and Spread of Dissemination and Implementation Training via a University-Based Training Workshop and Accompanying Online Resources.Implementation Science, 2015;10:94.
- Rabin BA, Brownson RC, Haire-Joshu D, Kreuter MW, Weaver NL. A glossary for dissemination and implementation research in health.J Public Health Man, 2008;14(2):117-123.