3350 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92161 -116A
Dr. Leslie Morland, PsyD is the Director of the Regional TeleMental Health Program at the San Diego VA Health Care System, a researcher at the Pacific Island Division of the National Center for PTSD, an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), and in the Education Unit of the VA Center of Excellence for Stress and Mental Health. She earned her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University and completed trauma-focused postdoctoral research fellowship at the National Center for PTSD. Dr. Morland previously was the Deputy Director of the National Center for PTSD, Pacific Island Division.
Dr. Morland is also the Co-investigator and San Diego site PI on a telehealth therapy study looking to compare treatment outcomes among women Veterans with a history of Military Sexual Trauma. This study aims to provide telehealth therapy for women in rural areas that may not be able to consistently make it the VA hospital or VA community treatment centers.
- Morland LA, Greene CJ, Rosen CS, Kuhn E, Hoffman J, Sloan DM. Telehealth and eHealth interventions for posttraumatic stress disorder. Curr Opin Psychol. 2017 Apr;14:102-108.
- Morland, L. A., Poizner, J. M., Williams, K. E., Masino, T. T., & Thorp, S. R. (2015). Home-based clinical video teleconferencing care: Clinical considerations and future directions. International Review of Psychiatry, 27, 504-512.
- Gobin RL, Mackintosh MA, Willis E, Allard CB, Kloezeman K, Morland LA. Predictors of Differential PTSD Treatment Outcomes Between Veteran and Civilian Women After Cognitive Processing Therapy. Psychol Trauma. 2017 Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wells SY, Morland LA, Torres EM, Kloezeman K, Mackintosh MA, Aarons GA. The Development of a Brief Version of the Posttraumatic Cognitions Inventory (PTCI-9). Assessment. 2017 Jan [Epub ahead of print]
- Morland, L.A., Mackintosh, M., Marx, B., Menez, U., Taft, C., Niehaus, J. Using a Mobile Application in the Management of Anger Problems among Veterans: A Pilot Study. Military Medicine. 2016 Sep;181(9):990-5.
- Raab PA, Mackintosh MA, Gros DF, Morland LA. Examination of the Content Specificity of Posttraumatic Cognitions in Combat Veterans With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. Psychiatry. 2015;78(4):328-40.
- Raab PA, Mackintosh MA, Gros DF, Morland LA. Impact of comorbid depression on quality of life in male combat Veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2015;52(5):563-76.
- Morland LA, Mackintosh MA, Greene CJ, Rosen CS, Chard KM, Resick P, Frueh BC. Cognitive processing therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder delivered to rural veterans via telemental health: a randomized noninferiority clinical trial. J Clin Psychiatry. 2014 May;75(5):470-6.
- Morland LA, Raab M, Mackintosh MA, Rosen CS, Dismuke CE, Greene CJ, Frueh BC. Telemedicine: a cost-reducing means of delivering psychotherapy to rural combat veterans with PTSD. Telemed J E Health. 2013 Oct;19(10):754-9.