9500 Gilman Drive MC 0855
La Jolla, CA 92093
Dr. Lang earned her undergraduate degree from Stanford University, her MA and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles and her MPH in Biometry from San Diego State University. Dr. Lang completed a Pre- and Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology at the University of California, San Francisco before joining the VA San Diego Healthcare System staff and UCSD faculty in 1999. Dr. Lang was appointed CESAMH’s first Associate Director in August 2014, and she is a Professor at the University of California, San Diego Department of Psychiatry.
Dr. Lang’s research primarily involves assessment of and psychotherapy for anxiety and trauma-related disorders with a focus on novel interventions. Her emphasis is in military and Veteran populations. She is also a licensed clinical psychologist and supervises in evidence-based psychotherapeutic approaches.
- Bomyea, J., Stein M. B., Lang A. J. (2015). Interference control training for PTSD: A randomized controlled trial of a novel computer-based intervention. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. 34: 33-42.
- Bormann, J. E., Thorp, S. R., Wetherell, J. L., Golshan, S., & Lang, A. J. (2013). Meditation-Based Mantram Intervention for Veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized Trial. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice and Policy. 5(3): 259-267.
- Lang, A. J., Strauss, J., Bomyea, J., Bormann, J. E., Hickman, S. D., Goodman, M., & Essex, M. (2012). The theoretical and empirical basis for meditation as an intervention for PTSD. Behavior Modification. 36(6): 757-784.
- Gray, M., Schorr, Y., Nash, W., Lebowitz, L., Lansing, L., Lang, A. J., & Litz, B. T. (2012). Adaptive disclosure: An open trial of a novel exposure-based intervention for service members with combat-related psychological stress injuries. Behavior Therapy. 43: 407-415.
- Lang, A. J., Wilkins, K., Roy-Byrne, P. P., Golinelli, D., Chavira, D., Sherbourne, C., Rose, R. D., Bystritsky, A., Sullivan, G., Craske, M. G., & Stein, M. B. (2012). Abbreviated PTSD Checklist (PCL) as a Guide to Clinical Response. General Hospital Psychiatry. 34(4): 332-338.
- Lang, A. J., Schnurr, P. P., Jain, S., Raman, R., Walser, R., Bolton, E., Chabot, A., & Benedek, D. (2012). Evaluating transdiagnostic treatment for distress and impairment in veterans: A multi-site randomized controlled trial of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 33: 116-123.