3350 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92161 (151-B)
Dr. Spadoni uses functional neuroimaging techniques such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to investigate the neural mechanisms driving the development and maintenance of comorbid post-traumatic stress disorder and alcohol use disorders and their empirically supported treatments. She is also interested in the direct and interactive effects of affective disorders and substance abuse on neurocognition and affective processing.
- Bomyea J, Matthews SC, Buchsbaum MS, Spadoni AD, Strigo IA, Simmons AN. Neural differences underlying face processing in veterans with TBI and co-occurring TBI and PTSD. J Affect Disord. 2017;223:130-8.
- Bomyea J, Taylor CT, Spadoni AD, Simmons AN. Neural mechanisms of interference control in working memory capacity. Hum Brain Mapp. 2018;39:772-82.
- Kosheleva E, Spadoni AD, Strigo IA, Buchsbaum MS, Simmons AN. (2016). Faking Bad: The Neural Correlates of Feigning Memory Impairment. Neuropsychology. [Epub ahead of print].
- Spadoni AD, Huang M, Simmons AN. Emerging Approaches to Neurocircuits in PTSD and TBI: Imaging the Interplay of Neural and Emotional Trauma. Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2017.
- Stout DM, Glenn DE, Acheson DT, Spadoni AD, Risbrough VB, Simmons AN. Neural measures associated with configural threat acquisition. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2018;150:99-106.
- Strigo IA, Spadoni AD, Inslicht SS, Simmons AN. Repeated Exposure to Experimental Pain Differentiates Combat Traumatic Brain Injury with and without Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. J Neurotrauma. 2018;35:297-307.
- Spadoni AD, Kosheleva E, Buchsbaum MS, Simmons AN. (2015). Neural correlates of malingering in mild traumatic brain injury: A positron emission tomography study. Psychiatry Research. 233(3):367-372.
- Norman SB, Haller M, Spadoni AD, Drummond SP, Risbrough V, Hamblen JL, Trim RS, Blanes EX. (2015). Maximizing the utility of a single site randomized controlled psychotherapy trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 42:244-251.
- Strigo IA, Spadoni AD, Lohr J, Simmons AN. (2014). Too hard to control: compromised pain anticipation and modulation in mild traumatic brain injury. Translational Psychiatry. 4:e340.
- Simmons AN, Norman SB, Spadoni AD, Strigo IA. (2013). Neurosubstrates of remission following prolonged exposure therapy in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 82(6):382-389.
- Matthews SC, Spadoni AD, Lohr JB, Strigo IA, Simmons AN. (2012). Diffusion tensor imaging evidence of white matter disruption associated with loss versus alteration of consciousness in warfighters exposed to combat in Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom. Psychiatry Research. 204(2-3):149-154.